The purposes of this assignment include: passing of parameters, and command line parameters. You are to write a program to solve quadratic equations in all their possibilities (real or complex roots, or even degenerate equations). Your program should be invoked by the command:
solvequad a b c
where a, b, and c are coefficients. The solution should print on stdout.
If the solution is complex, the output should consist of a pair of expressions such as “2 + 3i” and “2 – 3i”. Other cases will result in either two real numbers being printed, a single real number, or perhaps just a message.
You must use separate compilation.
Summary of Quadratic Equation Activity
• if 3 numbers provided on command line
◦ convert and assign coefficient a
◦ convert and assign coefficient b
◦ convert and assign coefficient c
◦ if a is zero
▪ if b is zero
• display error message (degenerate equation)
• solve linear equation (call solve_linear and send b,c)
▪ solve quadratic equation (call solve_quad and send a,b,c)
◦ display error message (must provide 3 coefficients on command line)
• calculate x = - c / b
Hint: you may need to use a cast to handle integer division
• print x
• if b^2 – 4ac < 0
◦ solve for 2 complex solutions (call solve_complex and send a,b,c)
◦ solve for 2 real solutions (call solve_real and send a,b,c)
• calculate x1
Hint: x1 = (-b + sqrt(b*b-4*a*c))/(2*a);
• calculate x2
• print x1 and x2
• calculate real part of solution
Hint: x_real = -b/2a
• calculate imaginary part of solution
Hint: x_imag= sqrt(b2 – 4ac)/2a
• print the real part and imaginary parts separated by a plus sign and followed by the letter i
Hint: printf(“%f + %fi\n”, x_real, x_imag);
• print the real part and imaginary parts separated by a minus sign and followed by the letter i
This assignment has been answered 3 times in private sessions.
Or buy a ready solution below.
© 2021 Codify Tutor. All rights reserved